Please Note: these services are ONLY available our regular weekday dog walking clients.
Whether you travel a lot for business or pleasure, sometimes it just makes more sense to have someone stay in the house to look after the dog, cat, fish, lizard, plants and everything else while you're away. With in-home pet-sitting your dog remains in the comfort of their own home and gets to enjoy the luxury of their very own human to feed them all their meals, take them on long walks and rub their belly.
The pet-sitters are the full-time dog walkers of Eglinton Dog Walker. Both bonded & insured they are known and trusted with the care of pets and homes throughout North Toronto.
Pricing from $70/Night (24 hour period)
- Minimizes the stress of separation by keeping your pet in the familiar surroundings of their home environment
- Feeding and walking on your pet's own familiar schedule, instead of that of a boarding establishment
- Your pet receives the full attention of the sitter, instead of being diluted between many other animals
- No prolonged exposure to the potential bugs or parasites of other animals in a boarding establishment
- Your in-home pet sitter also doubles as your house sitter - no worrying about leaving an empty apartment
- Your pet receives so much more love and affection, not to mention tons of playtime!
- Peace of mind for you, so you can relax and enjoy your trip without worrying about your pet
Let us take care of your best friend while you're away:
Cat & Small Pet Visits
When you travel, your kitty (or hamster, fish, bird or lizard) still needs to play, be fed, have their litter box cleaned etc.. Therefore we offer 30 minute in-home visits to care for your kitty, or other feathered, scaly or furry small indoor pet.
FAQ's for Pet-sitting & Small Pet visits
"How long does a small pet visit last?"
A standard visit is approximately 30 minutes.
"What's included in a small pet visit?"
Anything you want us to do within the allotted time. For a cat, this can include feeding, watering, brushing and litter tray scooping. There's always time for plenty of play and affection too!
Can you also water the plants, bring the mail and newspapers in?
Yes. Happy to do this.
"What's involved for an overnight stay?"
While you're away, our pet sitter will stay in your house. This means they'll be with your pet(s) for most of the evening and they'll stay overnight with them. For dogs, the pet sitter will stop by during the day to walk them as usual or even just bring them out on the daily rounds if they are good with other dogs. We adhere to their regular routine as much as possible to minimize the stress of you being away.
"Do we have to let the overnight pet sitter sleep in our bed?"
Only if you're comfortable with that. If you'd prefer they slept on the sofa, that's perfectly alright. Many sitters prefer to sleep on the sofa anyway.
"Do we have to leave food and drink for the sitter?"
Not at all, although some of our clients do. It's completely up to you. For the most part, our pet sitters bring their own food with them.
"How will we know our pets are OK while we're away?"
Feel free to call, email or text us as often as you'd like to find out how they are doing! It's perfectly natural to worry about your little guys when you're away from them, and we'd like you to feel as comfortable as possible during your trip.